This three-hour online video class includes accounting, marketing and administration tips for aspiring and new teacherpreneurs seeking opportunities to continue teaching while operating their own schools or programs. The class is ideal for those interested in launching or improving home-based preschools, play groups, co-ops, or parenting, tutoring, afterschool, foreign language and adult education programs. Participants will receive information enabling them to establish basic professional practices and streamline processes to ensure smoother operations. Cost: $25/members, $45/non-members.
Session 1: Five Things Every Teacherpreneur Needs to Be Successful presented by Tasha C. Ring, Founder and Directress at Meridian Learning
- How to determine and refine mission and focus.
- Qualities to get started (and get you a long way).
- How to plan and plan again.
- Networking tips, even for people who hate networking.
- The one thing that makes it all easier.
Session 2: Making Accounting Less Painful for Teacherpreneurs presented by Carol Topp, Homeschool CPA.com
- Why your school’s success hinges on record keeping.
- How can you make accounting simple and error free? Hint: use software.
- Understanding the flow of money with pictures.
- Pricing your program and budgeting.
- Pros and cons of hiring staff.
- How to pay yourself and how to pay staff if you choose to hire additional teachers (it may be different so watch out!).
Session 3: Engaging Parents and Community in Your School or Program presented by Pamela Green, Founder and Director at Ananda Montessori
- What is parent involvement and how might it impact what you have to offer?
- What are the benefits of parent participation for the parent, child, and the community?
- Ways to discover what to offer parents to support their own unique journeys.
- How a mentoring approach for families strengthens schools; building trust, cooperation, and respect.
- The ways in which we can model for parents that which we are hoping for, or expecting, from them.